Kim Nash interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I've always been an avid reader since I used to devour Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Malory Towers, The Naughtiest Girl, Magic Faraway Tree and The Wishing Chair books when I was a child. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think way back then. I wanted to write stories that did for others, what Enid's books had done for me which was putting me in different world and to focus on that and just that when you read a book. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I work for a publisher so I understood a little about the process but I do think I underestimated the emotional side of things and how anxiety-inducing being an author can be. I know we are putting our work out to be read and reviewed but you are constantly worrying about what people think and how they are going to react to it. Also how an editor reacts to it.  You send it to them and when you are waiting for it to come back you automatically think that they hate it! LOL! 

What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say be resilient and determined if it's something that you really want to do and don't compare yourself to others.  Every journey is different.


Tell us about your book/books:

The rom coms that I write are uplifting, heartwarming feel-good fiction with strong female characters who go on a journey to rescue themselves and there's always a love interest or two and I do love a happy ending!  I have written and had four published and am writing more.  They are:  


Amazing Grace

amzn.to/30hjIjQ


Escape to Giddywell Grange: 

amzn.to/3cKUWdM 


Sunshine and Second Chances

amzn.to/3n70CDQ

Moonlight Over Muddleford Cove

amzn.to/2NXKaJ7


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support from other authors, bloggers and readers.  It really is quite the community! 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Just a huge thank you for all that you do to keep the love of books and reading going and particularly for supporting this author who is trying to break out into a very busy market where a reader has so much choice.  Thank you for choosing to buy and read my books. 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KimTheBookworm

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KimTheBookWorm/

Instagram: @Kim_the_bookworm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview