Katrina R. Lippolis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW  


A little introduction:

My name is Katrina R. Lippolis and I am the author of The Way We Fall: Love Amid the Thistles, The Moon is Ours: Dance Among the Stars, Despair Spare Me Not and Coffee.


When did your love of books begin?

I would say it was at age 9, around the time I began finding an interest in writing.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The thought didn't cross my mind until I was in my 20's. I was hesitant for a while but didn't decide to publish anything until my 30's after joining the Writing Community on Twitter.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It is stressful but in my opinion has been worth it. I didn't think it would be easy. I'm happy to have taken the leap. The greatest joy is seeing a book that you've written that has YOUR name on it. It's a dream come true.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it. But understand that it won't be an easy process despite how it may seem. The struggle is in producing the book, and pushing it out to get it noticed by anyone who would be interested in reading your work. If things don't go well at first, don't fret. It'll get better slowly but surely. Some people take off immediately, some have to really work for it. Keep striving until you reach the height of success you have longed for.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have three poetry books; The Way We Fall, The Moon is Ours and Despair Spare Me Not as well as my first novella, Coffee. My first love is poetry and I've had pretty decent success with my poetry books especially The Way We Fall and The Moon is Ours. 'Fall' explores the ups and downs of being in love. Going through Happiness into depression, which I have much experience in unfortunately. 'Moon' was written with the biblical book Song of Solomon in mind. I wanted to write something tastefully romantic with a little religiousness behind it. Every five pages displays a verse from SOS as a reference to what the next poems are about. 'Despair' is just that, written about despair, loneliness and sadness. It shows the darker time that I was in at one point during my life.
Coffee is my first published novella written with the AMBW community in mind. Coffee is an African American young lady who works as a barista. She has a dream of becoming a published author. Along the way of pursuing her dream, she meets an up and coming music producer by the name of Sweets who is Korean. They fall in love almost instantly and explore life together through the ups and downs. But there is a happy ending.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The bond we have. Common interests and how supportive most people are there. The Writing Community has been wonderful for me. I've blossomed into a much more social person and I love sharing my poetry with everyone and getting their reactions to my work. Some have cried, some have been dare I say, "aroused"... and I always find their reactions flattering because it proves that I did my job.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

You're all wonderful. If you have a dream, follow it. Don't let anything stop you from pursuing the life that you want. You can succeed if you only believe.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter @kitkatpoetess

Instagram @kitkatpoetess


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview