Katie Jarrett interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began as a young girl when my family and I immigrated to America from Poland. I still remember the feeling of walking into the library every week and just being in awe of all the wonderful, colorful books that were available. Some people take it for granted, but I really felt rich at that moment. Since then I've always loved reading and telling stories, and luckily I have been able to now share my work with others. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've always had the dream to be an author for years and years, but timing was never right where I could really commit myself to writing and painting, until about two years ago when I started.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Writing and painting luckily comes easy for me; ideas, words and creativity flow through me. For me the hardest part is  marketing my books. I'm not great when it comes to social media so putting myself out there has been a bit challenging. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't be intimidated or influenced by other people's creations; it is theirs. Stay true to what drives you, what makes your heart race, and the words will flow freely. It's only when you try to create something that is not truly you that you will struggle. You have to find what you are passionate about and pursue it.


Tell us about your book/books:

I write children's books, appropriate for all ages but mostly targeted towards up to age 6. I also paint my illustrations with acrylic paint so it's a lot of art + words, not just the words. My words come alive with my illustrations to give you a deep feeling of what I'm trying to say in my stories. I also focus on positive messages and kindness, using nature and animals mostly.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I've just started trying to be more involved with the community and it's been really a pleasant experience. I feel very welcome by all! It's nice to feel supported.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Be true to who you are and get in touch with your feelings. Once you do then it won't matter how many books you sell because you will feel accomplished that you're doing what you love.


Where can people connect with you?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview