Katie Epstein interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Katie Epstein is an author who writes across a few different pen names, of which all fall under the realm of AuthorKatie. Genres include Fantasy Romance, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and soon to come, Supernatural Cozy Mystery.


When did your love of books begin?

I never really fell into book escapism until my late teens. Even then, I never fully fell. That came after I was introduced to Amanda Quick in my early twenties and I never looked back.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In my teens I wrote short stories. I loved having an outlet for my wild imagination. However, it wasn’t until I reached my twenties when I finished writing my first book. After that, my confidence grew and my writing journey truly began.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Hard work! But very rewarding. I’m learning all the time, open to growth, flexibility and movement. I follow my interests and that’s usually influenced by what I read. I’ve found it frustrating at times, though, and it’s only because seeing my imagination realized is my passion that I’m still here tapping away.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Follow your passions. Read. Read. Read. Fall into what you love because it’s a wonderful way to learn about pacing, grammar, structure etc. Also, listen to others who can guide you, yes, but always stay true to you and your original voice.


Tell us about your book/books:

I love battles and romance and sex and quirk. I love laughter and people coming together to fight the great fight. My books embrace a lot of these loves through paranormal and fantasy worlds with different levels of romance and heat.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I’ve come across some amazing readers who’ve invested in my books. I found many on Instagram, and it’s so amazing how they keep me going, keep me writing, and keep me sane!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you so much for giving my books an opportunity. As a reader, I know how risky it can be investing your money and time into someone new. So thank you! From both me and my crazy characters!


Where can people connect with you?

You can find out more about me and my work at www.AuthorKatie.com or via Instagram @authorkatie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview