Judefire33 - The Book Blog - our blog about their blog

Judefire33 - The Book Blog


Blog Name: Judefire33 - The Book Blog

Social Media: Twitter @judefire33.   Instagram @judefire33. Goodreads @judefire33.  The StoryGraph @judefire33


A little introduction:

Hello 👋, I’m Jude, a fifty something (eek) passionate reader of books. I’ve always loved books since I was a kid and the best present anyone can buy me is a book, the smell of a new book is divine! I live in a village Hampshire, UK with my partner and our 3 indoor free range Guinea Pigs, Poppy, Barbara and Suzie. I’m an ex Police Civilian of 12 years ( my best working years ever,) a Traffic Warden in the 1990’s who used to chase shoplifters, and a Counter Clerk where lots happened including having a shotgun aimed at me by a mentally unstable person! Fun Fact - I have a life sized cutout of myself as Traffic Warden 33, as I was a museum exhibit for many years! Now disabled after contracting Lyme Disease and dealing with chronic illness and anxiety which keeps me indoors and not going out, so books are my salvation! 


What made you start blogging?

I was made redundant in February for the first time in my working life, and I cannot find another job that will fit around my criteria decided by the DWP, so I decided to start my blog and talk about books! 


What genres do you blog about?

My favourite is Crime Fiction but this year I’ve been introduce to Historical Crime fiction, I like contemporary fiction but am picky! I’m also obsessed with True Crime…. the frustrated Police Officer in me! 


What are your favourite books?

Such a hard question, but one that I done is Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, I’ve read it several times, it’s just so sad and lovely! My collection of Famous Five books by Enid Blyton, reminds me of a time when I was happy and had both parents alive at home.


What are your 3 top reads from the last year?

Again so hard to decide as I’ve got many… but I would say The Last Thing To Burn by Will Dean, No Honour by my friend Awais Khan and The Jigsaw Man by Nadine Matheson for putting me off sausages for life! 





Which part of having the blog do you love the most?

Well I’m very lucky and humbled that every Author I have asked to do a question and answer guest spot has agreed, it started with Stuart MacBride and has now evolved into something I’m really proud of… I have lots of big names coming up in the following months! 


Where did the blog name come from?

Judefire was a nickname I was given in one of my jobs, it’s just stuck and 33 was my beloved Traffic Warden number!


What do you love most about books?

I love that authors are able to write something that makes me FEEL a particular emotion like Anxiety, sickness or sadness, I cannot imagine how they do it but I’m SO grateful to their talent. I’m very old school and traditional and only read Print books, I need the feel and tangibility of a book. I also like to learn and love a book that’s a fantastic read which also teaches me about history, the brilliant Wyndham and Banerjee series by Abir Mukherjee come to mind, set during the last days of the British Raj, they’ve taught me a lot about India and it’s history. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview