Joanne Nundy interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a 41 year old mum of two from Yorkshire, England and I am writing the zombie apocalypse series RUN FROM THE DEAD. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was a small child. The first book I can remember loving so completely was Matilda by Roald Dahl. It certainly reached this little girl and made her go on to love many more books after it.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think anyone who loves to read has that secret wish to be able to write a book themselves, but I never believed I could. I felt like way too much hard work and to be honest it really is lol. But earlier this year I had a few ideas rolling around my head and the time to give it a try. It's kind of stuck now lol


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's definitely not an easy one. There is a very steep learning curve in which you will make a lot of mistakes. You have to learn something new almost every day but it's completely worth it when you see those review or how many people buy or read your book. Just fantastic. I think the best part is the wonderful people you end up connecting with along the way. I've always heard writing is a lonely profession, but its completely the opposite. I now have some wonderful people in my life and I wouldn't have had if I never started writing.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Learn everything you can. There are so many YouTube videos, Facebook groups, and the like that are completely free and so informative. Make connections with other authors either close to where you live or in your genre, it has been so important in my journey to have people to talk to who understand what you're going through, because your family and friends will get bored of hearing you talk about it lol. Also, there is a wealth of information you will need to learn and the more people you know the more you will learn from each other.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have written a zombie apocalypse series set in my city of Hull in Yorkshire.  So far there are 3 books with one already out, the second due out nov 30th and the third jan 31st. The first book follows a mother who wakes up smack bang in the middle of a zombie uprising with her kids at their fathers. She has to get to them and work out how the hell to fight or run from the dead along the way. Its a story of grit and determination and the perils of an apocalypse such as this.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support is incredible from the writing community, complete strangers will go out of their way to help you. It is absolutely a community of like-minded individuals that you honestly cannot do without in this profession. The readers are amazing too, there are so many wonderful people who completely love books which is fantastic. Its why we do this job in the first place, to make people happy or sad or anywhere in between. The reviews I have received already from such readers have lifted me in a way I cannot even explain, so keep giving out reviews readers, we love it and we need your help.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Reach out and get in touch if you ever feel the urge. I'd love to hear your opinions on the characters and especially if you ever have any ideas too. Readers are paramount in the writing process, it has to be about what they would love to read. 


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me at 
or they can email me at jonundy@hotmail.co.uk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview