J. Knightstone interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Good Day Good People! My name is J. Knightstone. I am an Indie Author from New York City.


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books started when I read Charlotte’s Web by E.B White. I believe I was in the fifth grade. The storytelling, scenery, and engaging characters were all so fascinating---it sparked a wild imagination. And that imagination led me to a pencil and paper.  


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My wish to become an author began when I walked in a library for the first time. I believe I was in Junior High School (about 7th grade). I was lost in aisles upon aisles, shelves upon shelves of stories. I was home!  


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming an author is like skipping down the yellow brick road. You meet various ideas, obstacles, triumphs, horrors, and achievements along the way.  


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say seek constructive advice from Readers in your genre. If you’re a thriller author and you know someone who reads two-three thriller novels per week, ask questions, read their reviews on thriller novels, and request feedback on your own story. Reader feedback is extremely important!


Tell us about your book/books:

THE KIDS ARE TURNING THIRTY is my debut novel. It’s about self-discovery in career, in love, in friendships, and in every area of our human experience. What do you want and need is a major question my characters confront---and they are only at the beginning of the rest of their lives. This is a slice of life story filled with drama, comedy, chaotic New Yorkers... loosely inspired by my life and friends/family.  



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The reading and writing community is rich in creative energy. I’m inspired and motivated by all the incredible pictures, videos, and important information shared across social media---on a daily basis! As an author, it is comforting that people still love books.  


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say to my readers... please leave a critical and constructive review and rating. It is essential to an author’s growth and development.  


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter - @JKnightstone


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview