Garry James interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was born and brought up in Mumbai, India, did my commerce graduation with economics, management and finance as my major, thereafter did my honors in Tourism. I have travelled a lot being part of my job in hospitality (Hotels, resorts, adventure and recreation sports) travel & tourism & Real estate.


When did your love of books begin?

The love for books started from 4th grade, then it was my language text books, later on with fiction and non-fiction books, and while in 8th grade we shifted our residence and I was fortunate to find a library just opposite our apartment, whenever there was a new arrival of books the library owner would inform me and the reading habit went to an extent that the library owner himself had to push me out saying "If there is anything new, i will let you know"


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I wouldn't say that I had any presumption of becoming an author, It started during college days, attending music fetes, that expressed my love for music as well and hanging out with like minded people. I started with a habit of keeping a book and a pen handy every time jotting down whatever thoughts came to my mind, and that's how my love for poetry writing began. Major of my time during college days was spent travelling, basket-ball court and the library.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

As I travelled a lot, my passion for reading took over, I read a lot and met people where we exchanged books, our hotel too had "the travelers book club", where I got the opportunity to read more and more . The process of becoming an author was gradual, smooth, exciting, as I started spending more time writing the reading took a backseat, it became secondary.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

One of the best professions I would say. It helps you paint a different world. It gives you an opportunity to express yourself, reaching out to millions, taking you away to an exhilarating, thrilling, mysterious world, taking you on a  wild ride to places "No man has ever been before", "Unique". It helps you to dive deep or dig deep into understanding a character's personality. You can visualize and paint a new character everyday. I would also say when you enter into the groove of writing, you start observing more, you start listening more, you become more patient with the happenings around.


Tell us about your book/books:

I had written a lot of poetries, but managed to save very few as I wasn't organized.
My first book published on Amazon is a collection of poems "Can't we meet for the first time again" a beautiful collection of poetry on love, romance, passion, inspiration, emotional attachments, childhood days, poetry about a young male in the family and his struggles in life to give a better life for his family, about celebrations, about your family, about parents who are the living god in your life.
My second book again is available on Google Play and Kobo "A Liminal Phase" , a collection of short stories.
My third book (still with the publisher) "In the Shadows" is a story about two families with the same belief, following the same culture, tradition, where two protagonists chose their life in different ways which resemble the environment they are brought up in. A story of love, romance, inspiration, entrepreneurship and sport preneurship.
the 4th and 5th book, a book on poetries and a wonderful novel /fiction filled with love, thrill, mystery, which would keep the reader engaged until the last page. Like one of my followers had said after reading the collection of poetry book "Can't we meet for the first time again" mentioned here are his own words 

"What a beautiful collection of your thoughts, so lovingly expressed.
I wanted to stop at one particular poem. I wanted to drown myself in it. As I started to relish it my mind flew. The next one could be more beautiful, mumind said.
Being of a weak mind I raced away flipping pages till the end. Time now to get back at the first one. Stay there. Enjoy it may be keep floating there.
I want now to read one poem a day."


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Unimaginable, unlimited thoughts, imaginations and ideas being expressed that you get inspired and enthralled and feel fortunate to be part of the creative minds


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I am glad the audience have loved reading my books, It has a significant style, rawness, simplicity and it's on point, which I would not prefer to change, and that's what the readers loved about my writing. If the readers feel otherwise, you may please write to cgarryjames@gmail.com I would be happy and try to incorporate the changes while maintaining the style of writing. If it can enhance your reading experience and lift / add up to the literary value.


Where can people connect with you?

You can write to me on email:cgarryjames@gmail.com

You can also follow me on:
Twitter : cgarryjames
Instagram: cgarryjames
LinkedIn: cgarryjames


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview