Fraser - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

My dinner party is being held in a library within a university.  We are surrounded by gorgeous, old books and the air is filled with that smell that only books can give off.  The library has been specially booked out for this event and so it is only myself and my guests.


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?

It is Halloween.  The library has the occasional light flicker.


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

My first guest will be Jaimie Admans who is an author I have known for a number of years now and I know as a lover of Christmas so I would love to see how much I can convince her of Halloween being just as amazing.

Next for me I will go for Christine Gabriel, she is another author who I have known for a number of years and have formed a strong friendship with.  As she loves celebrating Halloween I know she will be excited about everything and that she will be someone who is happy to get to meet new people and chat so will help the dinner party to flow.

My third guest is Vicky Ball.  Since Feed My Reads has formed the community it has, she has been a very vocal supporter and positive member of the community who I know appreciates all things books and I truly believe would love to be involved in the event.

Fourth on my guest list is going to be Gillian Jackson who is an author I have recently come to enjoy reading work by.  I find Gillian to be a very interesting and intriguing person and someone who I believe will be able to keep the conversation flowing well.

My final guest at my dinner party is going to be Dan Thompson.  Dan is a truly talented author and someone who has for many years lacked confidence but I know him to be a great guy who is funny, friendly and easy to get along with and so I feel he would be an excellent guest for my dinner party.


What food are you serving?

I am going to for a starter go for a small tapas style dish of chicken (a vegetarian alternative is obviously available too) which is cooked in a white wine and sherry sauce.  This creates a small portion with about three or four pieces to it but as it is full of flavour it sets the taste buds up for the rest of the meal ahead.

For a main course I am going to serve a penne pasta dish with pieces of bacon (again a vegetarian alternative is available) and onion cooked in a tomato based sauce, seasoned with parsley, chives, garlic and finished off with a shot of vodka that adds a slight edge to the taste.  This, of course is served with a garlic flatbread.

Finally, for dessert I am serving my guests a sticky toffee pudding covered in a thick and sticky caramel sauce with the slightest hint of brandy at the base of the sauce.  This is served with a vanilla ice cream.


What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

Being from Scotland means that for us a cocktail is adding some vodka to Irn Bru and so this is exactly what I shall serve my guests.


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

As we are in a library I want to have a very atmospheric music and so it is going to be much like the style of the Harry Potter theme tune as this will be able to be a background music that is not detracting from the chat during the dinner party.


You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

Solaris by Stanislaw Lem as it has so many different thing for so many different people.  It is one that questions the human mind amongst other things and so I believe this would allow for a lively discussion.


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

I am going to bed reading any of the books from the 44 series by Jools Sinclair as it is Halloween and her book is very much based around paranormal.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown