Eric Johnson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

It began when I was very young, and I’ve been hooked on science  fiction books since then. My first real  book was Have Spacesuit, will travel.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was around 2009, during my tour in Afghanistan. Ideas started to bubble  in my head and finally decided to write a book.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s pretty neat and like to write when I can. And the process is somewhat daunting especially when you consider marketing, which is by far the hardest part of the whole process  to me.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To make sure that you edit  your books  for grammar. You can write  a good book but the reviews will reflect your poor grammar choices.  To me that’s important  because I got a lot  of reviews on one book that tore up my book. That and make sure you want to do traditional or self-published as well.  That’s a big step for either way to becoming an author or where you want to go with it.


Tell us about your book/books:

I’ve written mainly military science fiction so my books are mostly in that genre.  As of now my 2-4 Cavalry series  is about a fictional unit in the future and the books are about their adventures in either working for a national army or acting as mercenaries.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The cool people you meet along the way, who  care about writing as much as you do and don’t have many issues in dealing  with them as well. The community is good and healthy in my opinion and that’s good as writing can be daunting, and there are good people around to help you with  it.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thanks for liking and reading my work. It makes me happy that people  enjoy what I’ve written and I thank you for reading it.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ericjwriting

 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EricJ56


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview