Donna Latvis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Donna Latvis 
I was born on August 4, 1959. And raised in Whitman Massachusetts USA. My grandmother was a writer and introduced me to my creative love for writing. I raised two daughters by myself. Am a proud grandmother of three grandchildren. And a fur mommy to two Shelties. I worked full time in retail. Just recently I made the decision to take early retirement. And spend more time doing the things I love. 


When did your love of books begin?

I have always loved books. My mother loved to read. Her favorite was murder mysteries and biographies. I always remember books being around the house. And as a young child my mother reading to me. We would always go to book stores and libraries. After my mother passed away in 2016 I kept her collection of books. She had all of the Agatha Christie mysteries.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I began writing in my early teens. I was inspired by my grandmother. And could always go to her for loving advice. I started writing poetry. And after a few years began writing song lyrics and stories. The more I wrote. The more I dreamed of having my work published.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I will admit. It is a lot easier putting my ideas on paper. Then it is getting my work published. My grandmother years ago wrote in her journal. "That she could not understand how  anyone could become a known published author. When publishers wouldn't publish you unless you were a known author." I have sent my work to publishers just to get no response. Or a rejection letter. I finally went the route of self publishing. But the place I used for my first two books went out of business.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Keep writing. Keep dreaming. Keep true to yourself. If one path doesn't work out take another. Never give up. And always keep pencil and paper nearby. You never know when you will need them to jot down that perfect line.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book, "Gifts From God", was published in 2005. This is a book of my poetry.
My second book, "Defend God's Word", was published in 2006. In this book I share what the Bible has taught me about subjects like Faith and Salvation.
In July 2021 I published "On The Edge". This is a fictional Inspirational novel. That helps answer the question. Where do we turn when life pushes us to the Edge.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I enjoy being able to talk to people that share the same love and dreams I do. And having a place I can go to ask questions.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My dream for my readers is that my words touch your hearts. Give you comfort. Make you think. Brings a smile and a laugh to your life. My dream is for my readers to enjoy my work. 


Where can people connect with you?

On Twitter 

My Facebook Creative Dreamer page

My blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview