Devon Jaxon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I have loved books since I was a child. I struggled to learn to read in childhood due to an undiagnosed learning disability but once I could read comfortably I fell in love. Books introduced me to concepts and places I could never have imagined otherwise. I loved the escape from everyday life, I'm pretty sure this was when my love for fantasy was born.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Somewhere around 10 or 12 years old. I remember making my own comics growing up. The art was horrible but I loved telling stories. I still do, it's why I decided to become a published author.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming a self-published author isn't hard. However, it does require a huge time commitment to writing as well as marketing and promoting your own books. Not to mention editing and cover design. You can hire someone to help with these things but in the beginning you won't have much money. Having control of the whole creative process is very rewarding once you see the finished product though.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I hope you love writing, you'd better love it because you have to be devoted to your craft. Don't expect to quit your day job anytime soon. Never stop learning or trying to improve. Above all, WRITE EVERYDAY! Time management is a must.



Tell us about your book/books:

I write fantasy erotica, I have always loved fantasy and I always wanted to be a fantasy author, still do. I tried writing multiple fantasy novels as an adult but my characters had a mind of their own. They kept trying to have sex! So here I am peddling sexy fantasy stories under a pen name (Devon Jaxon). I'm pretty much exclusive to amazon right now. You can find my erotic shorts on my author page. My stories tend to focus on female heroines being transformed, usually physically in some way. Magic is the catalyst that changes them into powerful supernatural beings. The journey of self discovery that leads to that transformation tends to involve lots of sex. My other stories tend to involve more traditional monster smut where the heroine/hero is seduced by a sexy monster.  My current work in progress is a Krampus BDSM Christmas erotica.  It should be out around early December.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the community I have found online. The writers are very friendly and helpful. They have been so welcoming, specifically the erotica community on Twitter.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love interacting with fans, please feel free to contact me. I write these sexy stories for my fans. I couldn't do this without them!



Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on devonjaxon.com where you can sign up for my newsletter and stay up-to-date on new releases. You can also find me on  Twitter and Facebook.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview