Chris Leite interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Later in life. I grew up in Brockton, MA and no kid in Brockton would be caught dead reading a book. Then years later I found out about Haruki Murakami and J. D. Salinger, and then books got sexy.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Initially, the dream was to be a screenwriter, then one day my coworker suggested that I try writing novels. I saw a statistic that on average 3,000 movies get produced a year, and over 600,000 books get published a year. So I just thought I’d give it a try, and I quickly fell in love with it. Then I got obsessed.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Hopeless at times, if I’m being honest. It’s always the same thing: I get excited about a new project, get a couple of bites from literary agents, daydream about them signing me and making me rich, then months pass with no response, I get sad, I get angry, and then ultimately they reject me, and then I start a new project that I convince myself is The One. It’s a vicious circle. And self-publishing seems like a dead-end. And that’s why my new mantra is “No expectations, no disappointment.” Focusing on the results is poison. The work is all that matters. But it would be nice to get some results sometimes.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

DON’T DO IT! RUN!!


Tell us about your book/books:

I have two books that I’m super proud of. “Pink Gallery to Mar Suite,” which is crazy but my baby. And then there’s “Sans Stability Minus Sex,” which is sweet and twisty.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

We’re all going through the same thing. That’s comforting. And some people actually make it. That’s inspiring.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you’ve read one of my books, you know me more than the people who know me. I keep everything inside, except for when I write.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter, search @PlaceStatic


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview