Cheryl Mosell interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Since I was old enough to read, I would ask my Mum if I could read my bedtime stories to her! I've always found comfort in reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Honestly, I never planned on considering this as a career as I'd trained in biomedical science and my masters degree was in midwifery. I had a typewriter as a child and would always write books. I wrote a book as a hobby in 2012 and continued writing as part of my healing from trauma journey throughout 2020 and 2021, I suppose I've always been an author at heart!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm at the very beginning of this journey. Yes, I have several completed books but being an author sadly isn't just about the writing, there's editing, querying, publishing, advertisement and much more. I'm trying to put some knowledge together to make this possible. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would tell them to follow their dreams. If writing is what they are passionate about, follow that dream. Be realistic about it and know it isn't purely writing but a lot of other hard work too. 
Tell your story because there is someone who wants to hear it! 


Tell us about your book/books:

I have a mental health book, 2 children's books, an autobiography and to step out my comfort zone, a fantasy book. My focus at the moment though is my website www.breakingthecycleofabuse.com where I am trying to be an advocate for people who are stuck in the cycle of abuse. I tell my story, I try to help inform and inspire at the same time as trying to show people they are not alone and how they feel at that moment is normal. Plus, it's OK to not be ok.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

There are so many writers who are very passionate about their work. It is lovely to see all of the hard work that goes into the process of writing and publishing. I enjoy how supportive everyone is of eachother. It is nice to be able to go through the process with others as everyone is at a different stage in their journey and when everyone contributes, everyone is able to benefit.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Follow your heart and tell your story. Kindness goes a long way. 
Please follow my website and spread the word as I'm hoping there is someone who can benefit from it.


Where can people connect with you?



Twitter/BreakthecycleCA

Facebook group - breaking the cycle of abuse 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview