Book review - New Age Gods - Discovery by Brandon Morehouse

Book - New Age Gods - Discovery

Author - Brandon Morehouse

Rating - 

Review:

This is a debut novel from Brandon and he has set out a huge vision based on this book.  The story sees descendants of Gods who are able to use different, unique skills that are being developed thanks to genetic engineering and the discovery of gDNA (Gods DNA).  These new age Gods are young and working together under strict guidance whilst they remain hidden from the general population but how long can you really keep something this huge under cover?  Can you ever really control Gods or are they always going to be the ones to control you?

This book is one I did really enjoy as the story itself is a fantastic concept that you can feel the author is genuinely passionate about and thanks to characters who work well throughout the story being told it is a great read.  In terms of marking this one down I did find the book desperately needing re-edited (I felt for the author here as whoever has edited the book has missed out far too much) and on a personal level I found that the chapters were very long and so I'd say for future books the author could try to bring more chapters but have them be shorter.  I also found at times that the way it reads can come across much like a screenplay where we get descriptions of what is happening or what we are seeing and for me this is something I am not used to in books I've read but I didn't mind it too much at all.

Overall I do recommend this book as being a really great read and the potential here for a much bigger world to come about is huge.  A big well done to the author on a really impressive debut novel. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview