Amy Long interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I'm Amy Long, and I'm finally embarking on my journey of becoming a published author. I'm 37, married to an incredibly patient man, mother to two rambunctious little boys, and living life to the fullest with bipolar disorder.


When did your love of books begin?

Probably when my dad taught me to read when I was three. I was pretty insistent and he was an eager teacher. By kindergarten, I was at a third-grade reading level, by third grade I was suffering through school-assigned books and reading at a college level at home. I cannot remember a time in my life when I wasn't surrounded by books.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Around 5 years old, I started writing poetry and short stories. Two of my little poems are family cannon now, which pleases me to no end! By my teens, I knew I really wanted to write, but undiagnosed bipolar disorder made it difficult to finish any project I'd started.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Absolutely amazing! The worst part is the patience. I thought social media would end me, but I've found such a great support system there. It's really blown me away. I do struggle with getting my YouTube channel going (social anxiety), but I'm sure once I do I'll love it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it, all the way. Remember that what you write won't be everyone's thing. Jane Austen is world-renowned as one of the greats, and I couldn't finish the first chapter of Pride and Prejudice. Not everyone will love you, but if you love it, chances are someone else will too.


Tell us about your book/books:

I'm writing a multi-book series currently. Book one is titled "Grasslands", where you're introduced to 19-year-old Piper. She lives in Grasslands Clan, one of the Four Clans, and lives a pretty innocent sheltered life. "Grasslands" is written in close third-person, and you're following Piper's journey as she discovers her place in Grasslands, and what the Four Clans are really like.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It's diversity! My bookshelves are stuffed and eclectic. I love being transported to a different time, place, society, with only the flip of a page. Readers are the best, I love the little gasp of excitement the hard-core fans give when you ask them about their favorite book (currently) and they launch into it.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Thank you so much for picking my book, and letting these characters I've grown to love, live through your imagination. May they bring you as much joy as they've brought me, and thanks for taking the time to get to know me. I'm super stoked to bring you a new world to lose yourself in.


Where can people connect with you?

Currently, I'm on Twitter: @AmyLong_Writer

Facebook: facebook.com/writeramylong

Instagram: @writeramylong

I'm super tech-challenged but I have an upcoming website http://www.writeramylong.com where I'll be blogging... once I figure out how to web design! I'll also be on YouTube when I can convince myself to actually post a video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown