Adam T. Best interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Adam T Best. My debut book is a zombie novella, Best, Adam T (2021) Iron Bones: Infection. I’ve loved horror ever since I was a kid. The monsters, ghouls, and zombies have always caught my attention. I started writing a little later in life than some authors. In February of 2022, I’ll be 40. I’m married with two kids, pets, and I work in IT.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books came a little later than some people. Some people growing up from late elementary school got love for reading. I didn’t get a love for reading until college. When I read The Omen in college, I realized books are better than any movie.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

For years I kicked around the idea that I could write a book. After watching a Hallmark movie with my wife, I don’t know what it’s called. The guy is a big-time murder mystery author living in a small town, and no one in the small town knows who he is. I got inspired to start writing a murder scene finally. I tried writing a murder mystery first. I never felt my murder mystery was great. Maybe someday I’ll go back and finish my murder mystery.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found the process of becoming an author rewarding and challenging. Rewarding because I can put all of the stories I’ve had bouncing around in my head down on paper. I kept working at them and adding on to them. I like the creative process. Challenging in many aspects, challenging in editing, polish the story the best I can. Finally, I wrote a book, and now it’s challenging to get my work out.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just keep writing or start writing. If you’re waiting until your story is perfect, you may never release your work. I started by writing one crime scene. Just start writing with one scene, maybe the most exciting part of your story. Work out from there. I found that outlining the whole story does help. I find adding or removing parts before sitting down and writing the whole thing out. That’s what works for me. Find what works for you.


Tell us about your book/books:

I love how with writing, I can let my creativity go wild. Anything goes with creativity. I wrote Iron Bones: Infection originally as a side story. I was tired of TV and video games. My leg was in a 4 point brace after I fell on an icy driveway. So I cranked up some classic heavy metal and started writing a zombie story for fun. Slowly my side story took over my main story, and now my zombie novella became my self-published book. I combined everything I love; zombies, rock music, and brewing beer.  


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I like how supportive everyone is.  You can share your stories with the community and people respond back with a similar story.  An example of this is, when I received my first rejection letter.  I posted online, I received my first rejection letter from publication X.  Not very long after that, someone wrote I received a rejection letter from publication X too.  I quickly saw almost everyone had stories about rejection letters and how it's part of the writing process. It was cool everyone coming together like that.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you like zombie books, I put my spin on a zombie tale. I set my zombie book in the modern-day, except no COVID. Instead, I have a manufactured zombie virus that gets released in a small town in Kentucky. I’d love to get honest feedback and reviews. Unfortunately, indie authors like me have a hard time getting the word out about our work.


Where can people connect with you?

You can always visit my website: www.AdamTBest.com/

Please find me on Twitter @Adamtbest1 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AdamTBest


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown