A.A. Chaudhuri - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

In a luxury villa in Sorrento, Italy, overlooking Mount Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples, one of my all-time favourite places in the world where I spent many holidays as a child and got married. We’d dine al fresco beside the villa’s swimming pool and to the whirr of cicadas chattering in the balmy evening air. 


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?

Girlie weekend away in the height of summer – my favourite season - because we all totally deserve one! 


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

Can I have one more guest please?? If so, it would have to be six smart, kind and generous women who I’ve known for some time now, and who have been hugely supportive of my writing over the years: outside of the writing community my friends Erica, Chika and Priya, and from the literary world, book blogger extraordinaire Danielle Price, along with my agents, Annette Crossland and Kirstie Long. I think everyone would get on like a house on fire, and there would be a LOT of laughter because each of these women has a fantastic sense of humour.


What food are you serving?

·   Tuna tartare with avocado, chilli and mint to start with, whole seabass with purple sprouting broccoli, chilli and garlic for main with various side dishes, and for dessert, Lemon delight, a traditional and timeless dessert served on the Amalfi coast. As you can probably tell, I am a big fish and chilli fan and it’s true to say the local fish in that area is out of this world. My friend, Priya, is veggie, so I’d make sure there was a special alternative for her, something like baby spinach salad with smoked ricotta and walnuts to start with and Pumpkin tortellini for main. 


What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

·   That’s a tricky one! It would have to be a choice of a classic margarita straight up with salt round the rim, or a classic champagne cocktail, both of which would be served in vintage Art Deco coupes. 


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

·   R&B classics, starting off gently in the background but turned up as the night wears on and the dancing begins.


You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

·   If it’s not too cheeky, I’d like to discuss my book, She’s Mine, and ask them what they thought of the twists, and which bit shocked them the most!


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

·       A gripping psychological thriller that will keep me turning the pages well into the night because it’s so addictive!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview