Tito Medina interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction: 

My name is Tito Medina, I am a 47 year old self-published writer. I am active duty in the military and love to write for the sheer enjoyment of creating stories.



When did your love of books begin?

My love of writing started as far back as a young kid in elementary school. I was an avid reader who read 2 levels beyond my grade until I was in the 7th grade. I wrote a short mystery story when I was 12. The Choose your own Adventure books showed me reading could be an adventure.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I wanted to be an author probably around the same time as my love for reading and writing began. I have always loved writing. I was the kid who was not bothered by writing essays in school.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

So I am still learning the process. For me I guess it is not as stressful as others because while writing for me is a passion, it is not my career. I have much respect for those pursuing it as a way of life. I chose to write as a side interest to keep it fun and enjoyable for me. I literally write for pleasure and the therapeutic benefits for me.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For those wanting to become an author, I say be persistent. There will be lots of people who judge you, reject your work, and may make you feel like quitting. Just hold on to the core value you had when you started the journey and remember that no matter what your work matters and YOU, the writer, matter.


Tell us about your book/books:

So my 2 currently published books are collections or Erotic Romance short stories. The first "Killer Lust" is filled with surprise twists and lots of action, betrayal, murder and lust. The second "Twisted Romance" has a little more of a romance feel to some of the stories. However, it too has lust, murder, and betrayal within the pages. Bothe are fun reads. I do warn they contain adult content as well as graphic violence. I have been part of the reading/writing community mainly through Twitter and for only about a month but I can tell you that it's a very supportive community. They are welcoming, encouraging, and you can connect with some really good individuals through the community.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

What I love about the reading/writing community is how they all support and promote each other. I have connected with so many wonderful people in the short time that I have been a part of it. There are some wonderfully talented and supportive people and it's great to be involved with them.



If you could say anything to your readers, what would it be?

If I could say anything to my reader I would simply say the following: I sincerely hope they have as much fun reading my stories as I had writing them. I just want to share my words with readers of the world one story at a time.


Where can people connect with you?

The best place to connect with me is through my Twitter: @writ_boyTM or via email armyman928@gmail.com. I also have a website: writertitomedina.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview