Morton R Leader interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW



A little introduction: 

Hi, I'm Morton. I live in the city of Bristol in the UK. I started writing two years ago as a hobby.
I semi-retired after 30 years in logistics and warehousing and started travelling living in Borneo for the majority of the time.
I read a lot of all genres as I find it helps my writing but I write adult dark fiction.



When did your love of books begin?

For as long as I remember my mum would read to me each night, The Hobbit, Fungus the bogeyman to name just two, I was an avid reader all through my teens until I started work and had less time.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

To be honest I didn't and still don't really see myself as one.  I started writing when I got frustrated whilst travelling trying to find something I liked, something to read around the pool.  Once I started I couldn't stop writing - eight books in a year.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Writing is not an issue, nor is self publishing, but sales and reviews are really hard to come by.  When I started I wasn't even on Twitter, I was totally clueless. I just thought if I put a £2 book out there, someone would pick it up.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Build a presence on social media and engage with the community, support other writers but don't over plug your own.


Tell us about your book/books:

I write dark fiction for adults, who-done-it and supernatural genres. I pride myself on my realistic characters and my plot twists. I use my life experience in my stories and I try to stay away from predictable troupes.
Demons are Forever, is a who-done-it murder where the MC returns back to her home town, the killer seems to be closer to home than she would like. It's about how by the time we are 30 we all develop personality traits, gambling, drinking etc..
More than you can chew is based on true events as a couple of brothers find themselves in trouble that was unexpected.
History is a Lie is an epic time travelling romp where a serial killer meets a man claiming to be a 2000 year old vampire.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support and interactions that I have from the community, it makes you know you are not alone and that all us indie authors are in the same boat


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please please please, leave a review, not just my books but any, they are the lifeblood of indie authors 


Where can people connect with you?

Follow me on Twitter @leadermorton 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown