Meet the community - Zizi

A little Introduction: 

I would be lying if I said I didn't search 'how to write a blog' on google and don't judge me for that it's not like I've written a blog already. This is my very first so if I ever, like, break some unspoken rules... I'm sorry. (I already searched 'blog rules' in case you're wondering, it's in my best interest to follow accordingly 🥲)

You don't know me and I definitely don't know you but for what it's worth, we both obviously love books so that reason is more than enough to introduce myself to you, dear bestie.

Hello! The name's Zizi, weird name I know. It's like they just plastered two consonants together but...I mean with that name at least I could live my not-like-other girls arc. A main character moment, if you ask me. Have you met another girl with the name Zizi? Yeah, I don't think so 🌝 

You might also know me from twitter as Bald barnes and if so, then hello to you Bestie. Anyway, I'm from Asia, Philippines to be specific. A country where books are not accessible to all, Hurrah! 


What made you fall in love with books?

My parents are not that much of a reader (or not at all) but ever since we were young, they would usually bring us to this second hand bookstore where we mostly buy our books. I fell in love with the characters and their stories. Living in reality is already bore and books gives me this special kind of serotonin where it just felt like I've known the characters all my life, like their life is flashing right before my eyes. It's quite magical.


Which genres do you prefer to read?

Fantasy and Thriller!

My first ever genre was thriller and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Fantasy is what I'm digging more into these days, it forces me to really imagine and think. It's like forming your own miniature world, plus, we love bad-ass women!


What are your favourite books you've read so far and why?

For this year, my 5 star reads were 'It Ends with Us' by Colleen Hoover and 'The Love Hypothesis' by Ali Hazelwood. Which is ironic because I'm not that much of a Contemporary-Romance lover myself MAHDSAHDKJSAHD but what I really loved about IEWU was how realistic it is. It was such an eye-opener for my part and it is a book that I will always recommend until the day I die. 


Another is, The Love Hypothesis by  Ali Hazelwood, like I said NOT a contemporary romance fan because I tend to sleep on them but THIS book was different. The banter, the romance, the tension, even the miscommunication trope- (which is by the way a trope I loathe the most) - was top tier! Loved this book with all my heart!




Which characters have you most loved in the books you've read to date and why?

I really can't pick a favorite since I love all of them but Lily Bloom from IEWU is one of the strongest female characters I've ever met. She's an icon.

What made you decide to become a part of our little book based community?

I recently just joined actually, literally a week ago. Pandemic struck and I really wanted to do something that's way out of my comfort zone and I also wanted some bookish friends, friends where I could relate to and talks books about. So I decided to join Booktwt and all I can say is wow. They've been nothing but welcoming and nice and I really love them.


What do you love most about the book community?
 
Like I said, it's a very wonderful place, the book community is now my comfort zone, they make me laugh so much and also cry with their stupid dead character memes and It's also a place where I met this two mentally deranged people who are obsessed with funny white boy memes and, of course, books. I met new friends here and that's what I love the most.


Want to say hello to Zizi then please click here

Comments

  1. I haven't met anyone else with your name, but I did use "Zizi" in my book Mira's Griffin as a non-English word for griffin. I got it from the Hebrew mythical creature, the Ziz, but thought that it sounded too Suessian without the second 'i'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview