Jane Yates interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW



A little introduction: 

Jane lives in the historic city of Oxford, England and is a massive lover of the Pitt Rivers museum, she is amazed and inspired by its wondrous array of objects. Being a museum of anthropology and world archaeology, Jane often finds herself influenced by its exhibitions. And indeed it has helped Jane write a trilogy for children – the Paradox Child series.
Jane is not only a mother, artist and storyteller, but dyslexic too, which only highlights her success even more. Jane refuses to allow the disorder to halt her dreams and continues to enjoy her favourite hobbies. Jane is a lover of steampunk, adventure and children’s stories, which often play a huge role in her own books.


When did your love of books begin?

My mother was a Sunday school teacher, she used to read aloud to me as a child. She was very good and made up voices for the good and bad characters. It was the greatest adventure a small child could have and stated a lifelong love for stories. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I had been writing for about two and a half years, now I have stopped at the moment. I need an editor to help me work out the muddle of Octopus Pirate two. I can’t face it on my own.

I have been making up stories in my head my whole life, 99 percent instantly forgotten as soon as I thought them up. I have only been writing them down, when I was 50 years and 4 months old. I was 50 years old on June 14th 2013. I have now written 5 books.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's hard as all my ideas come at once and not in order. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just sit and write, write anything – about your day, your childhood, the weather, how you can’t write! Then a story will come. Cakes are also good and tea, of course. I recommend tea for everything.



Tell us about your book/books:

Here is a link to my books. They are steampunk YA. They are quite popular in Japan. And I have made friends with many Japanese’s steampunkers.

https://amreadingamwriting.wordpress.com/my-writing/



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everybody is strapped for time but with the book community its not a full-time gig. Unless your Fraser, who works tirelessly at it. You can give as much or as little time as you have spare.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

BIG THANKS 😊


Where can people connect with you?

To read more answers to questions I have been asked 

https://amreadingamwriting.wordpress.com/about/

Twitter and Instagram @JYParadoxChild

https://www.facebook.com/jyparadoxchild


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown