Horace Crenshaw Jr. interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction: 

Horace Crenshaw, Jr. Is the author of two books, Blowing Sandstorm and Hap: The Prize Winning Horse. He received his B.S. Degree in Political Science in 1994 from Tuskegee University. He went on to receive a M.A. Degree in International Relations from Webster University in 1999 and a Master Certificate in Project Management from The George Washington University. Currently, he is a Congressional Affairs Liaison with the US Army, and a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army Reserves. His accomplishments and achievements while serving as a Commander during Operation Iraqi Freedom have been chronicled in Marquis' Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, and the 2007 Who's Who of Emerging Leaders (First Edition). Furthermore, he is an avid golfer, sports fan, and certified golf instructor.


When did your love of books begin?

I started a fascination for books around the age of 4. Of course, like all kids, I enjoyed the Dr. Suess books. It was excited to read and getting taken away on a fantasy so to speak.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Actually, I wanted become an author at around 9 or 10 years of age. Actually I wrote the outline for one of my current books, Hap: The Prize Winning Horse during that time.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found the process to be complex if you don't understand the process of getting your work published and marketed. Matter of fact, the one thing that I wish I knew was how to effectively market a book. The writing part was easy. It's the marking that is a challenge, and unless you know how to effectively market a book, then you will stumble and not reach the target audience for your book.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be persistent and write a story that makes you feel good. If you have a good feeling about your writing, then you will be successful in getting others to feel good.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have written two books, Blowing Sandstorm and Hap: The Prize Winning Horse. Both books available on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, wherever books are sold. Both books are inspirational, motivational in nature and will peak the reader's interest.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the fact that this community shares a commonality and interest: the love of writing and reading. It sounds cliche', but if you give a person a pen and a piece of paper they are the most dangerous person in the world. Writing is powerful and similarly, reading is just as powerful.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My hope and desire is when you read my work, it will be a truly earth shattering experience for you. I would ask did the book really move you , propel you, and provide an extra boost to your soul?


Where can people connect with you?

I have a website that is under repair, but it is horacecrenshaw.com . Also, I have a linked in profile, FB page, Instagram, and Twitter page. So, I look forward to connecting with people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview