Gillian Jackson interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

 
Having worn many hats in my lifetime, writing is most certainly one of the most fulfilling. I initially pursued a career in childcare as the owner/manager of a Day Nursery, before moving on to train as a therapeutic counsellor and eventually to a role in the voluntary sector with Victim Support. My five years with this incredible organisation provided a wealth of experience and an insight into the criminal justice system. The diversity of people using the service have enriched my own life experience and understanding of human nature which I hope is reflected in my writing.
My first success in being published came with Sapere Books who have published three of my novels, Abduction, Snatched and The Accident. More recent success has been in signing a three-book contract with Bloodhound Books, the first of which, The Pharmacist will be published on 20th October 2021. The Victim will follow in early December and The Deception in March 2022. I also write women’s fiction and have three self-published novels available on Amazon.
Writing is both a passion and a privilege and together with being a wife to my very patient husband, mother to four, and grandmother to nine, life is always full and busy. 
Book news and updates are available on my website, www.gillianjackson.co.uk or my Facebook author page, Gillian Jackson Fiction Author, or on Twitter @GillianJackson7


When did your love of books begin?

As a child I loved to escape into the pages of a book, from early picture books to Enid Blyton and graduating to Jane Austin. More recent authors who’ve captured my interest are Victoria Hislop, Kate Moss, Robert Goddard, Michael Connolly and Anne Cleeves.
 

When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’d often dabbled in short stories and children’s stories but assumed writing was for others, not me! It was when I needed to change careers to something less strenuous that I thought it was something I could do, so it’s never too late!

 
How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s a long process with extended periods of waiting, hard work, sometimes frustrating, but when the highs come it’s amazing!
 

What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it! You’ll never know until you try and there are so many genres, there’s bound to be something you’ll fit into.
 

Tell us about your book/books:

The more commercial ones have been the psychological thrillers, Abduction, Snatched, The Pharmacist, The Victim and the next one in line, The Deception. I also love writing women’s fiction and have self-published three novels, Remembering Ellie, Ask Laura and A Measure of Time.
 

What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I’ve been amazed at how supportive other writers and readers are. Reviews are essential and I’m so grateful to those who take the time and trouble to review my books. I’ve also learned so much and am blown away by the generosity of those who answer questions on social media when I have a problem – writing is a learning curve and others have helped me so much.
 

If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. (Oops, is that three?)
 

Where can people connect with you?

I have a website – www.gillianjackson.co.uk a Facebook author page GillianJacksonauthor and I’m on Twitter (perhaps too much!) @GillianJackson7

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview