Erin Rhew interview

  AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction: 

My name is Erin Rhew, and I'm the author of a YA sci-fi novel, The Transhuman Project, and The Fulfillment Series, a YA fantasy trilogy. I'm living my dream life in a beach community with my author husband, Deek Rhew. We have three writing assistants--a well-fed tabby named Trinity, a terrified chihuahua/rat terrier named Gus, and a psycho bat kitten named Chevy. In addition to writing, I'm the Managing Editor at Tenacious Books Publishing and a small business owner. Deek is the love of my life, and we always have fun together--walking the beach, talking about everything and nothing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and spending time with family and friends.



When did your love of books begin?

I started reading when I was 4 years old, so I have always loved books. The first book I ever read was Morris the Moose Goes to School, and the only word I messed up on was "alphabet." 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I also began writing at 4 years old. My grandparents own a car dealership, so I wrote a poem about cars. Everyone made such a big deal over it (even though it stunk--LOL) that I just kept writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I struggle with making time to write every day. Deek is so good about that, and I'm a little jealous. I'm not really a process person. I like to fly by the seat of my pants. Haha!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it! ALWAYS pursue your passions! Also, read, read, read! Edit, edit, edit. And when you think you're done, edit again. ;) 


Tell us about your book/books:

I'm the author of a YA sci-fi novel, The Transhuman Project, and The Fulfillment Series, a YA fantasy trilogy





What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how collaborative people are. In fact, I met my husband through a critique partner group, so the collaborative nature of the writing world brought me love. I'll always cherish that! 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

THANK YOU! Thank you for allowing me to share my brain children with you, and thank you for all the love and support! It's invaluable. I couldn't do what I do without you! 


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview