Erik Meyers interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW



Author Introduction: Erik Meyers



When did your love of books begin?

I started reading at a very young age and haven't stopped since. I love getting lost in a book and learning something new in the process. That's why I read all different kinds of books from fiction to non-fiction even to this day.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've mainly worked in the communications profession, so wordsmithing came naturally to me. My first goal was to write and finish a novel and I love telling a story.

 

How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It is slow, particularly these days with the Covid-19 pandemic. Also, I'm an American in Europe for years and years so it has been a challenge to connect with authors and the industry, mainly through Twitter. I would love to attend a writing conference the next time I'm in the States.

My biggest learning is everything takes time.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If your goal is to be a best-selling author, you will probably fail. Set a realistic goal that you can be proud of, such as finishing a manuscript.

And remember, keep going, even if it seems like you are going nowhere.

It took me 21 years almost to the day to begin writing my novel, finish it and get it published.

Anything is possible!


Tell us about your book/books:

I have two books currently, and a murder mystery series in progress (I'm currently querying the first book in the series).

My first book is a business book "The Accidental Change Agent," based on my years of experience working in the business world. The focus here is on digital transformation, connecting to your audience as a leader, and communication strategies for companies. There are insights, tips and tricks and stories from my business life.



My novel "Caged Time" is a Jewish, LGBTQ, historical fiction novel. It is a story of life as a gay Jew in 1930s New York, definitely not easy. A fictionalized version of a sad family story, I try to leave the main character, David Tarniss, with some hope at the end.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

So many supportive people with great tips, sharing their experiences and really helping each other succeed at writing/publishing. I've met so many great people. And great writers also tend to be great readers!

 

If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy the reads and learn something new. It's important to get out of our bubbles.


Where can people connect with you? 

Check out my websites

·       Business consulting

·       Author website

 

·   Follow me/connect with me on:

 

Check out my books

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview