Christie Powell interview

  AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Christie Valentine Powell wrote her first story in second grade, and has been writing ever since. She loves writing fantasy, where she can make up her own rules. All of the Spectra books take place in the same fictional world, where elemental abilities are divided into six magical kingdoms. Her other hobbies include making toys, hobby farming, and daydreaming. She lives near the sunniest city in the world (Yuma, Arizona) with her husband, four children, and many critters.  


When did your love of books begin?

I can't remember ever not loving books. One of my first memories is curling up with my mother to read "Little Black, A Pony." She would read one page, and then I'd slowly work my way through the next one.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Probably fourth grade. I wanted to be a scientist when I grew up, but I also started writing prolifically. I would scurry to our family's ancient computer after dinner and type away. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I've chosen to publish independently. I'm not perfect, but I love having the freedom and control over every step in the publishing process.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. There are a lot of pathways to become an author--no one can stop you. Just make sure you've done your research and made an informed decision. Also, make sure you enjoy the process, because success isn't guarenteed, but if you keep working at it, learning and improving are.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have nine books out right now, most grouped into series.
Keita's Wings is a YA fantasy series about an exiled princess struggling to unite six magical clans. It's complete with six books.
Mira's Griffin is a standalone YA fantasy about a girl and griffin trying to teach their warring species to communicate.
DreamRovers is a fantasy trilogy about a refugee family persecuted for their abilities to travel through dreams.
Next will be The Spectra Crown Tales, an open series of fairytale retellings.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Writing is a form of communication. I love that we can share our ability to communicate in this way--to share our stories and our imagination and make them come alive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'm honored that you've chosen to connect with me through stories.


Where can people connect with you?

The best place is my website http://www.TheSpectraBooks.com. I'm on most social media sites as "TheSpectraBooks", but most active on facebook and twitter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview