Brandon Morehouse interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW



A little introduction:

I grew up in small town Iowa. When I was young I thought my overly active imagination was what made me different, but when I was in junior high I realized that I was gay. I came out my junior year of high school and while I was greeted with a ton of support from the small community I did have a few people that weren’t happy. Gym, cooking, reading, writing, or working are my entire life.



When did your love of books begin?

I can’t think of an exact time, but I have 2 older brothers that are 10 and 14 years older than me, so I was basically an only child. Since my parents divorced when I was young, my brothers out of the house, and my mom working 3 jobs to support us I quickly learned how to keep myself entertained.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always known I’m good at telling stories, and I love telling them. Writing a book came to me about 5 years ago. I was telling a friend about this idea I had and he was interested, so I made the decision to get it on paper.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process is challenging. It’s full of contradictory steps. Take a blurb for example. I can write an entire story and set up a series, but writing a blurb for the back of a good seems impossible.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be patient. This is not a weekend project, it can takes years to get your story done.

Read other authors, learning their style can help you.


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently only have 1 book out, but it’s the first of a series. It’s a fast paced story with a twist of modern mythology. Bringing mythology into modern times was not easy but I wanted a series that can talk about real life issues, in a science fiction sort of way. Think of Hercules living in modern times dealing with modern issues.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support. Everyone’s here for the same reason, but they are so willing to help each other achieve their goals.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for taking the time to read my book. I hope you enjoyed the story.


Where can people connect with you?

People can follow me on Twitter or follow my blog on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview