Bookworm blogger - our blog about their blog

Bookworm Blogger


Blog name: Bookworm Blogger
Blog link:  https:/bookwormbloggerweb.wordpress.com
Social media: @BWormBlogger



A little introduction:

I'm a bookworm with a book buying problem. I love reading and anything book related. You will often find me with my nose in a book or finding books in my local charity to shop to add to my never ending collection. I also play and teach the piano whilst looking after two small children.

What made you start blogging?

My nan unexpected passed away at the start of 2017. She had been writing her memoirs and I was one of the only people who she would share what she'd written and wanted to take the task on. I found myself writing a random blog titled 'Am I Boring?' and was amazed that people actually started commenting. From there I decided to keep the blog going and write down my bookish thoughts, hoping to get inspiration for my nan's book.

What genres do you blog about?

Pretty much anything goes. My favourite genres are crime, historical fiction and romance but I have tried other genres and loved them. I tend to stay away from non fiction and horror.

What are your favourite books?
Wow that is a tough question. There are so many to choose from. The book that I have reread the most is Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I love this series and am currently rereading the first few books before starting the latest releases. I also love M.J. Arlidge's DI Helen Grace series too.

What are your 3 top reads from the last year?
This is another hard one! I struggle to narrow down my top 10, let alone my top 3. I adored and can not stop talking about The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin, it was an emotional rollercoaster but a beautifully story. You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry was a great romantic read. I got completely swept up in the story and loved listening to it. One book that completely surprised me was Malice by Heather Walter. I could not stop reading this book and loved the dark retelling. I am anxiously awaiting the sequel next year.

Which part of having the blog do you love the most?
I love the interaction it has given me with other book lovers. I've met some lovely people online through my blog and I even joined a book club this year. The book community are fantastic and whilst I'm not thanking them for adding endless books to my reading pile I am very grateful for all the advice and encouragement I've received.

Where did the blog name come from?
I would love to say that I thought long and hard about my blog name and pondered over it for ages but sadly that is not the case. I just thought I love books and it's a blog so Bookworm Blogger seemed appropriate.

What do you love most about books?
Books are my escapism. There is nothing better than snuggling down with a good book and living in another world for a few hours. Every time I read a book I feel like I am there. I meet different people and it feels like I'm living out mini lives.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview