Anthony Di Angelo interview

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Anthony Di Angelo. I live in Alberta Canada. I currently am working in the oil and gas industry but am hoping to make a full time career of my writing. I have recently published three of my novels and am now working on sequels, among other projects.



When did your love of books begin?

I developed a love for both reading and creating stories at an early age. My favourite author as a kid in school was R.L. Stine. In high school I discovered Mario Puzo’s “The Godfather” and I was immediately hooked. I so admired his style that I hatched the idea of writing my own story to be as descriptive and captivating.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The initial start to my journey to become an author began when a teacher of mine read one of my assigned essays. The subject was to be about an event that changed my life. I wrote about my brush with death and being diagnosed with Crohns. My essay brought her to tears and she said to me, “you should consider writing as a career. If you were to write a novel tomorrow, I would be first in line to go out and buy it.” That was the spark that ignited my ambition.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It is more difficult than I imagined. It was a struggle to get signed by my first agent and has been tedious and strenuous as I shifted gears into self-publishing. I find that I spend more time marketing my work these days than actual writing, which is a challenge in it’s own right.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Only you can tell your story so don’t give up. Learn from others and research your story. Nothing good comes easily. Perseverance is key.


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel, DESCENT INTO THE HALLWAY OF MADNESS, is a dark and twisted psychological thriller. When a killer begins his reign of terror over the city, two broken detectives must overcome their demons to stop the death toll from rising. But alas, nothing is what it seems.
My second novel, A HAUNTING FOR CHRISTMAS, is a modern day take on a timeless classic. It is a cold, spooky tale, mixed with the creepiness of Halloween and all the warmth of the Christmas season. The story is a chilling tale of paranormal mystery with a bold, dramatic, and emotional conclusion.
My third novel, SICILIAN ROULETTE, is an epic crime saga with cinematic appeal. It’s am action-packed story of betrayal, danger, lust for power, and revenge. It is a story from the underworld of the mafia where some debts can only be repaid with blood.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The camaraderie and support from the writing community is surprising and incredible. Their are so many great people ready to help boost your work and keep you upbeat about the struggle of being discovered. It truly feels like a family of its own.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. I appreciate all who have taken the time to read my work and especially to those who have left reviews. If you like what you have read so far, there is far more to come.


Where can people connect with you?

I am on Facebook, both a personal profile as well as my author’s page. I have an author’s page on both Amazon and Goodreads. Twitter @A_DiAngelo is where I spend the majority of my time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview