Abigail Wants to Read - our blog about their blog

Abigail Wants to Read


Blog Name: abigailwantstoread
Social Media: @abigailwantstoread


A Little Introduction: 

Hi, my name is Abigail, I am 20 years old and I'm from the UK. I'm a book blogger with a massive love for all things books. I've always loved to read I also love to write and hopefully one day will be a published author.


What made you start blogging?

I started blogging because I wanted another place where I can share my thoughts the books I read on top of my bookstagram and my story graph. I love other people's blogs and really wanted to join the community so one day I decided to take the plunge and start my own.


What genres do you blog about?

I blog almost any genre as I love to read any genre. I mostly read fantasy and murder mysteries/thrillers so they are most of the books that I review.


What are your favorite books?

I have so many favorite books that I could be here all day writing them. I love the Carry on series by Rainbow Rowell and the first one in the series Carry on is my favourite one out of the trilogy. I also love the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare as it was the series that got me into reading YA fantasy. Black Beauty by Anne Sewell and Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman are my favourite books from when I was a child and I reread them each year and they still hold up to what I thought of them when I was younger. 


What are your 3 top reads from the past year?

This is a really hard one as I have read so many great books this year, but if I have to pick three it would be Heartstopper Vol 4 by Alice Oseman which was a heartbreaking but beautiful read and spoke to me on so many levels. As good as Dead by Holly Jackson, this is the last book in the A Good Girls Guide to Murder trilogy and It was so good and an amazing conclusion. The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa, which made me cry so hard and I honestly can't stop thinking about it.


Which part of having a blog do you love the most?

I love being able to interact with other people in the book community and I love being able to share some amazing books that I read with other people who would love to read them. 


Where did the blog name come from?

I came up with the name as I was creating my Instagram and I was thinking hard about the name that I wanted and I thought to myself that all I wanted to do at that time was to read so my name is now abigailwantstoread.


What do you love the most about books?

I love being able to enter new worlds that I would never be able to join in the real world especially fantasy worlds. It's a great way to escape this world and go somewhere far away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview